FOR YOUR INFORMATION
- Last week’s thunderclap for our #WheresKatko campaign was a huge success! We far exceeded our support goal and because of all of you who participated, at the start of last Thursday’s rally, a “Where’s Katko?” social media blast went out with a social reach of more than 390,000 people!
- We got some great media coverage of Thursday’s “Where’s Katko?” rally. Cameras from three local news channels were there and reporters interviewed Carol Baum. In addition, an article about the rally was posted on Syracuse.com on Thursday afternoon and printed in Sunday’s Post Standard. The article really got under Katko’s skin. Good work everyone! Keep up the pressure; it’s working!
- “This is not theatrics–this is my district!” There was an article on Syracuse.com today in which Katko characterized us as a “small but vocal” group and dismissed our requests for a town hall meeting as nothing more than “theatrics.” This is a common strategy being employed by the GOP all over the country. Please take a few minutes and write a brief response to the Post Standard (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating who you are, where you’re from, why you are part of the CNY Coalition, and why you think Katko should hold a town hall meeting.
- Follow us on social media. Like us on Facebook at CNY Solidarityand Katko Watch/Indivisible 24. Follow us on Twitter@CNYSolidarity and @indivisibleNY24. Follow us on Instagram. And check out our website at www.cnysolidarity.org.
JOIN THE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
- If you are interested in joining the communications team, we want you! No experience necessary! Our team will be planning and coordinating all external communications for the Coalition. This includes:
Writing press releases; distributing and following up on press releases; developing relationships with media outlets; doing interviews for print, radio, and tv.
Coming up with creative campaigns like #WheresKatko; maintaining our two Facebook, two Twitter, and one Instagram accounts; and being part of our Social Media Standing Army that will livestream and live tweet from our events.
Building content for our website; blogging about Coalition activities and political issues; and maintaining our calendar of events.
Taking good quality photos and videos at Coalition events; and collecting and storing photos and videos taken by others at Coalition events.